Surfboard DSP

This is a signal-processing board I made for my robotics team. The robot was required to navigate to the location of an unknown audio beacon. We planned to identify the direction by processing from multiple microphones.

A green circuit board labeled Surfboard.

The assembled circuit board.

Unfortunately, it was had a few electrical problems, which I fixed, and a few software problems, which I couldn’t fix. (Either the DMA or the SPI on the microcontroller would randomly read data with a 1–2 bit framing error, outputting garbage as a result.)

I wrote a painfully detailed report (PDF) on it as documentation for future robotics team members, which I also turned in for credit on my AP Physics final project.